Message passing between threads: Java 4 times faster than D

Oliver Plow saxo123 at
Fri Feb 10 05:54:11 PST 2012

> > I wonder how much it helps to just optimize the GC a little.  How much
> > does the performance gap close when you use DMD 2.058 beta instead of
> > 2.057?  This upcoming release has several new garbage collector
> > optimizations.  If the GC is the bottleneck, then it's not surprising

Is there a way to "turn off" the GC, e.g. a compiler switch to set the heap size to a large number so that the GC is likely not to set in? I searched through this page: But couldn't find anything helpful. Then you could measure the thing with GC "turned off" to see whether the GC is the problem or not.

-- Oliver

belohnen Sie mit bis zu 50,- Euro!