D-

Tim Krimm twkrimm at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 13:23:12 PST 2012

On Friday, 10 February 2012 at 21:04:26 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/10/12 12:54 PM, Tim Krimm wrote:
>> On Friday, 10 February 2012 at 20:21:53 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:

>>> No please.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> Please elaborate.
>
> The last thing we need is balkanization of the community. You
> are of course free to initiate such a project but if you care
> about D it would be great to apply your talent in a different
> direction.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

It seems like D would catch on faster if it could be used more
places,
but at the same time I do understand your concern about the
language fragmentation that could occur. That is a major, major
issue.

D is superior to C and C++ but
D is fighting an up hill battle when it comes to market share.
Unfortunately, I guess for now, I am stuck using the C/C++ tools
that are available for all of the different microcontrollers out
there.