Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Feb 12 00:58:47 PST 2012

Am 11.02.2012 16:32, schrieb Daniel Murphy:
> This is actually probably not that difficult to do.
> A C backend for dmd would be quite difficult to make - but if you strip out
> most of the complex features that make it to code generation (exceptions,
> garbage collected memory, tls, classes, array ops, threading, floating
> point, typeinfo, destructors, postblits etc) then the actual code generated
> doesn't need to be that complex.

If you remove all of that then how good would D- be in regard with
existing languages being used for the same tasks?

For example, MikroEletronica sells C, Basic and Pascal compilers that
target everything from a small PIC up to big ARMs.

I can also get Ada for embedded systems programming, which was actually
one of Ada's design goals,

So what does D- bring to the table, besides fragmenting the community?