Review of Jose Armando Garcia Sancio's std.log

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Mon Feb 13 07:50:04 PST 2012

There are several modules in the review queue right now, and to get
things going, I have volunteered to manage the review of Jose's std.log
proposal. Barring any objections, the review period starts now and ends
in three weeks, on March 6th, followed by a week of voting.

---
Code:
https://github.com/jsancio/phobos/commit/d114420e0791c704f6899d81a0293cbd3cc8e6f5
Docs: http://jsancio.github.com/phobos/phobos/std_log.html

Known remaining issues:
  - Proof-reading of the docs is required.
  - Not yet fully tested on Windows.

Depends on: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/141
(will be part of 2.058)
---

Earlier drafts of this library were discussed last year, just search the
NG and ML archives for "std.log".

I think getting this right is vitally important so that we can avoid an
abundance of partly incompatible logging libraries like in Java. Thus,
I'd warmly encourage everyone to actively try out the module or compare
it with any logging solution you might already be using in your project.

Please post all feedback in this thread, and remember: Although
comprehensive reviews are obviously appreciated, short comments are very
welcome as well!

David