D-

Zach the Mystic reachzachatgooglesmailservice at dot.com
Mon Feb 13 09:46:03 PST 2012

> I just find it difficult to imagine things that way. Tiny devices are
> confined to small programs by definition, and at that magnitude the
> field is quite leveled; for a 3K-lines program, C is just fine and many
> of D's (and other languages') advantages are at best minor.
>
> Andrei

 From a practical standpoint, you are correct, and I won't argue.

But from an idealistic standpoint, D stands as one of the few languages
(the only language?) which really has a finger in every pie.

So we seek a compromise answer. How to manage D's current limited
manpower effectively while still holding true to a few ideals. Ideals do
matter, and in that sense they are, ironically, practical, because they
motivate people.