newbie -- how to build module?

Walter Bright newshound2 at
Mon Feb 13 11:27:39 PST 2012

On 2/13/2012 6:15 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> Are there group charters?

Not much beyond the descriptions here:

We're pretty informal.

> As a newbie one tries things and asks about things that a person more accustomed
> to The Usual Ways(TM) just discounts immediately without further reflection --
> missing out on the opportunities...

That's true, we often do not see things the way a new user would.

> OK. So, since I don't know anything about how to "submit additions back
> upstream", I just enclose it here.

The most effective way to contribute code is to fork/pull on github for the
following project:

Bug reports go here:

The trouble with newsgroup postings of code is as time goes by, the posting
scrolls off the radar.