newbie -- how to build module?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Feb 13 11:58:56 PST 2012

On 2/13/2012 4:32 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> It's the name of the module generated by the program, just more clean aliases
> for the Unicode based Windows API functions -- e.g., in C++ one would write
> `MessageBox`, not `MessageBoxW`, so I alias them.

The Windows .h files are set up so that MessageBox is a macro that resolves to
MessageBoxW or MessageBoxA depending on another macro setting. I've never liked
that practice - preferring to call the desired function explicitly (whether that
is dirty or clean is not of much import, it is what it is as Microsoft saw fit
to name it).