D reviews

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Mon Feb 13 15:49:02 PST 2012

On 2/14/12 12:14 AM, Jose Armando Garcia wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM, John Arrizza<cppgent0 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> In our env we use reviewboard. Its a web based code review tool that works very well for keeping track of reviews, comments, statuses, etc. If you have lots of reviews it speeds things up tremendously. (We have a couple thousand reviews so far)
>
> We can use github's pull request feature for module review. I'll
> submit a pull request if there are no objections.

We have not used GitHub pull requests for this so far because they are
more suited to code-level reviews as opposed to more design-level
discussions like module reviews, and quickly become difficult to follow
once sub-discussions on several different topics emerge (which tends to
happen all the time).

For regular Phobos development, though, pull requests are used all the time.

David