Review of Jose Armando Garcia Sancio's std.log

jdrewsen jdrewsen at
Tue Feb 14 02:42:06 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 14 February 2012 at 02:28:11 UTC, Jose Armando Garcia
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM, jdrewsen <jdrewsen at>
> wrote:
>> A first quick observation:
>> I vote for a debug severity level. Then make that default to
>> the template
>> parameter for log:
>> template log(Severity severity = Severity.debug)
>> That would make it nice for good old print debugging.
>> log("This is a dbg message");
> I like the idea of having a default. Not sure about adding
> debug. What
> are you trying to do with default that log!info and vlog(#)
> doesn't
> let you do?

As Sean mentioned the vlog function may be the one I want. Maybe
it is okey not to have a debug severity but then a default on the
vlog level parameter would be nice. That would make quick debug
prints a tad simpler

vlog("This is a dbg message");

I know this is a small thing... but to prevent death by a 1000