Object.opEquals, opCmp, toHash

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Feb 16 10:53:46 PST 2012

On Thursday, February 16, 2012 09:38:54 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> This is a non-problem once the compiler implements memoization as an
> optimisation. Which it can't until we go ahead with this change. This is
> the direction that we *should* be going anyway, so why not do it now
> rather than later?

I would point out that there are no plans to implement any kind of memoization
in the language or compiler. Also, while it can help performance, it can also
_harm_ performance. So having it controlled by the compiler is not necessarily
a great idea anyway. It's really the sort of thing that should involve
profiling on the part of the programmer.

If you want memoization, use std.functional.memoize.

- Jonathan M Davis