const ref and rvalues

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Feb 16 11:05:14 PST 2012

On Thursday, February 16, 2012 18:40:39 Timon Gehr wrote:
> Ok. Is there a ticket for implementing auto ref for non-templated
> functions already?

I don't see one, but I'm not even 100% certain that it's supposed to. I just
know that it doesn't now (making it of limited usefulness) and that Andrei was
complaining that Walter had misunderstood how auto ref was supposed to work
and implemented it wrong. I _think_ that the issue was that Walter had
implemented it as a template thing, and it was supposed to work in general,
but I'm not sure. A bug report should probably be opened for it though. If
it's not supposed to work, then Walter can close it.

- Jonathan M Davis