D Compiler port Android

a a at a.com
Thu Feb 16 11:37:09 PST 2012

On Thursday, 16 February 2012 at 19:30:43 UTC, Luís Carlos
Moreira da Costa wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> I wonder if someone is carrying the D for Android?
>
> For I am developing a database language embedded in D, and
> would like to place on Android OS...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luís Carlos Moreira da Costa
> Eclipse RAP, RCP, eRCP, GEF, GMF, OSGi, Virgo, Gemini, Spring,
> Scala, Fantom, Haskell, Qt and D (Digital Mars)
> Opal Committer
> Eclipse Regional Communities/Brazil
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Regional_Communities/Brazil
> http://eclipsebrazil.wordpress.com
> http://www.osgi.org/About/Members

There is a thread in D.gnu with instructions on how to build GDC
for android:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/20120204203109.26c9a80b@jpf-laptop
The compiler works, but the druntime currently doesn't. You can
get programs to work as long as they don't use anything that
needs druntime support, such as the GC or Phobos.