[RFC] Ini parser

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Feb 16 15:57:09 PST 2012

Am 16.02.2012, 23:34 Uhr, schrieb Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org>:

> At this point you may as well just use JSON.

Listen to this guy, he's right. JSON allows hierarchies and arrays, strings, numbers and booleans as values. It is clearly defined and as light-weight as an INI file (compared to XML). I stored game replays in JSON format for http://aichallenge.org/ (gzip compressed and served via HTTP). I found it very flexible for the data structures we came up with and portable since most programming languages have a standard JSON parser.