Why is there no or or and ?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Feb 16 22:04:29 PST 2012

On Friday, February 17, 2012 06:57:48 F i L wrote:
> I knew someone was going to say that >:{

Well, you _were_ asking for it. :)

But I do honestly think that it's ugly. Obviously, different people have
different ideas of what a language's syntax should look like - frequently
strongly influenced by what language or languages they used first. Personally, I
_like_ the C style syntax and do not understand why people want to get rid of
stuff like braces or semicolons (you didn't get rid of braces in your suggested
syntax, but it's a common suggestion for people who don't like C style
syntax). Overall, I think that D's syntax is very good.

- Jonathan M Davis