Why is there no or or and ?

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 23:56:58 PST 2012

> All of the syntaxes you're advocating are every bit as
> arbitrary as the ones you're against.

Programming is logic largely based around math. Seeing as how
we're all educated around with mathematic symbols as children, a
language design which reflects what is most familiar will be the
easiest to initially understand. Less friction means more
productivity.

Thought to be honest I doubt we'll all still be designing
applications in text (only) editors, even fancy ones, in the next
10-15 years. Software design is very modular, and even arbitrary
logic tools could be better at presenting this data. Simple
things like code-completion has gone a long way flatten the
learning curve, and that can only get better when visual and
audio logic can be manipulated in like-fashion.