[RFC] Ini parser

Robik szadows at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:32:48 PST 2012

On Thursday, 16 February 2012 at 22:29:30 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I wonder if there is a problem with a 'standard' ini parser, in
> that ini
> files are not really very standard.
> I have seen a lot of ini files with scope (also also use this
> in some of my
> own apps), will I be able to parse these with your parser?
>
> [section]
> {
>   key = value
>   key2 = value
>
>   [subsection]
>   {
>     subkey = value
>   }
> }
>
> ?
>
> I notice your interesting delimiters too, I've never seen
> anything like
> that in an ini file before, where did you see that? What makes
> it standard?
> I might like to use something like that if I had thought it was
> a normal
> thing to use in an ini file...

Also, you can "make it" simplest/standard-est as possible by
disabling those features. To do that you have to set for example
'sectionInheritChar' to 0 to disable it. But to nest sections you
have to use something like that:

[section]
key = value
key2 = value

[section.subsection]
subkey = value

Where dot in second section name is delimeter you've set up.