Immutability, problems with debugging

Nathan M. Swan nathanmswan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 02:51:44 PST 2012

I'm working on a novice solver of the travelling salesman
problem, and when I decided to go concurrent I had to make
everything immutable. Now this happens:

        /usr/share/dmd/src/phobos/std/format.d(1782): Error:
function object.Object.toString () is not callable using argument
types () immutable

Unfortunately, I don't know how format is called, so I can't
investigate closer. Does anyone notice anything glaringly obvious?

https://github.com/carlor/tsp.d/blob/master/tsp.d

This brings up an issue that's happened before; there's an error
in the semantics of a (usually generic) function call, and I
don't know where the function is called. It would be nice if the
compiler could do something like "mentioned on file1.d(33),
mentioned on file2.d(107)".

Thanks, NMS