Review of Jose Armando Garcia Sancio's std.log

Jose Armando Garcia jsancio at
Fri Feb 17 13:15:15 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu
<SeeWebsiteForEmail at> wrote:
> On 2/17/12 12:06 PM, Jose Armando Garcia wrote:
>> info("%s message",;
> I think defaulting to formatted stuff may be confusing.
Even if we document this? I mean:

info("Info message");

Just works. The one place where is wont just work is with:

info("This is an ",, " message);

But do we think users will do with this without reading one bit of the
documentation? And even then we can say RTFM ;).

I don't have a strong argument or preference for one over the other.
>From my experience I tend to write or log using a format string mainly
because it is more readable to me and plays nicer with localization
frameworks like gettext.