When are associative arrays meant to throw a RangeError?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Feb 17 22:39:52 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 09:06:20PM -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, February 18, 2012 15:13:38 Daniel Murphy wrote:
> > Yeah, but that requires a design that fixes everything, including
> > literals, template arg deduction, magic initialization etc.
>
> Oh, it may not be easy, and it may take some time, but it should
> probably be one of the higher priorities.
[...]

I agree. AA's are one of the big reasons I chose to learn D. I was very
happy to finally have a language that has runtime speed comparable to
C++ and has built-in AA's. Sad to say, I've been rather disappointed by
the amount of AA related bugs in the current implementation.

MS Windows: 64-bit overhaul of 32-bit extensions and a graphical shell
for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a
4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1-bit
of competition.