The Right Approach to Exceptions

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Feb 18 16:48:50 PST 2012

On Saturday, February 18, 2012 16:46:43 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I can't believe something this simple has to be explained so
> elaborately. I thought all of us here knew how to use OO??

I think that the problem stems from people frequently using exceptions
incorrectly, and many of the C++ programmers probably haven't _ever_ seen them
used correctly, since I don't think that it's very common for C++ programs to
define exception hierarchies - especially not advanced ones like Java has. And
when you see a lot of bad exception code, that tends to turn you off to them,
and it definitely doesn't show you how to use them correctly.

- Jonathan M Davis