The Right Approach to Exceptions

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Feb 19 08:19:13 PST 2012

On 2/19/12 2:49 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[snip]
> To me, this is a giant hint that OOP is a good solution. You want a
> class hierarchy rooted at Exception. And groups of related exceptions
> probably should be rooted under their respective base classes under
> Exception.
>
> If you have a better way to solve this, I'm waiting to hear it.

I don't. This thread is predicated on the assumption that the current
approaches to exception handling are wanting, so it's time to look
outside the box. It's also reasonable to assume that people involved in
this thread do have an understanding of current mechanisms, so rehashes
thereof are unnecessary.

Andrei