Improve anchors for ddoc (dlang.org)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Feb 19 09:20:20 PST 2012

On 2012-02-19 18:03, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 19 February 2012 at 16:55:53 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Manual cross-referencing, for example:
>
> That might not be too hard in the compiler... though by the
> time it gets to doc.c, the function is a string...
>
> I'm getting to know the compiler better though. I'm pretty sure
> this won't be hard to add.
>

> Then I'll clean up my stuff and see about making pull requests
> for it. Three things right now:
>
> 1) proper output encoding
> (breaking change - no more embedded html outside macros)
>
> 2) better anchors (breaking change, but super minor. use $1 instead
> of $0 in our PSYMBOL macro to get the old behavior)
>
> 3) automatic linking
>
>> BTW, Descent already handle both of these.
>
> I haven't seen their code though.

This is an example of documentation generate by Descent:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18386187/orange_descent_docs/index.html

This is the source code (or at least a part of it) that generates the
ddoc in Descent:
http://dsource.org/projects/descent/browser/trunk/descent.ui/src/descent/internal/ui/javadocexport/JavadocWizard.java

--
/Jacob Carlborg