inout and function/delegate parameters

kenji hara k.hara.pg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:27:00 PST 2012

I think the 'scope' keyword may resolve issue.

Attributes of lazy parameter in template function belong to caller side.

int foo()(lazy int value) @safe pure /*nothrow*/ { return value(); }
void main() {
    int n = foo(10);
    // evaluating lazy parameter never break safety and purity of foo.
    // (violating nowthrow-ness might be a bug.)
    // because the violation belongs to caller side - it is main function.
}

Similarly, scope delegate body always in caller side, so calling it
means temporary exiting to caller side.

void foo(ref inout int x, scope void delegate(ref inout(int)) dg) {
    dg(x);
}
void main() {
    int a;
    foo(a, (ref int x){ x = 10; });  // don't break foo's inout-ness,
so should be allowed
    assert(a == 10);
}

How about?