std.collection lets rename it into std,ridiculous.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Feb 19 15:52:04 PST 2012

On Sunday, February 19, 2012 02:05:18 bls wrote:
> Hi
> What's  the problem to implement some very basic containers ?
> And No !! Don't waste time to tell about built in Arrays and Associative
> arrays, I am following D for at 5 years now..

std.container is where containers/collection go. The main reason that we don't
have more is that Andrei is working on the design for custom allocators which
will have a definite impact on the containers. So, rather than create a bunch
of container types which are going to have to be  redone later, we just don't
have very many.

At least we have _something_ now (it was quite a while before we got
std.container), and much of the basics of how containers are supposed to look
like and work have been ironed out, but the allocator situation is proving to
be a roadblock. However, not very long ago, Andrei said something about having
a breakthrough in his work on the allocator design, so we may be seeing custom
allocators - and thus more containers - fairly soon.

- Jonathan M Davis