The Right Approach to Exceptions

John Campbell je_campbell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:28:32 PST 2012

On Monday, 20 February 2012 at 09:01:18 UTC, foobar wrote:
>>> AS Nick wrote, it seems you have a complete lack of
>>> understanding of
>>> how exceptions work which is unsurprising coming from a c++
>>> expert.
> "even a broken clock shows the right time twice a day"
>I get that you are a templates master,
> that does *NOT* mean everything must be made generic.
> You seem to prove the old saying that when all you have is a
> hammer everything looks like a nail.
>
> [Meta] side-note:
> It's extremely irritating when you demand utmost pedantic
> reasoning from others while you often answer without providing
> such pedantic reasoning yourself or worse answer with a single
> word posts. That shows a complete lack of respect for others.
> You seem to be of high regard for yourself which is not
> justified at all given this attitude.

Please calm down and don't be so rude. Andrei doesn't have a clue
how exceptions work? He just wants to apply his template schtick
to everything? Give me a break.

I find this discussion rather interesting (and I look forward to
hearing Andrei's thoughts on H. S. Teoh's condition handler
idea), but I think if all you want is to attack the idea of even
discussing this, your voice has already been heard.

John