std.collection lets rename it into std,ridiculous.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Feb 20 11:45:08 PST 2012

On Monday, February 20, 2012 11:40:40 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 07:42:07PM +0100, a wrote:
> > >But if you only access it via push() and pop(), then there are no
> > >other references to the stack, so why should the GC reallocate it
> > >on append?
> >
> > Because the GC doesn't know there aren't any other references to it
> > unless you tell it with assumeSafeAppend.
>
> Ahh, I see. Thanks!

Nick ran into this problem and ended up writing an article on it:

https://www.semitwist.com/articles/article/view/don-t-use-arrays-as-stacks

And, of course, if you haven't read Steven's article on arrays, you should
read that:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcollections/wiki/ArrayArticle

In fact, we really should get Steven's article up on dlang.org. It's one of
those articles that _every_ D programmer should read.

- Jonathan M Davis