The Right Approach to Exceptions

Juan Manuel Cabo juanmanuel.cabo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:21:02 PST 2012

Also, you would lose the stacktrace by rethrowing with a different exception object.
(Currently, the stacktrace is lost by rethrowing the same object, but the Exception.file
and Exception.line are not lost, and it seems that it is very easy to not lose the
stacktrace when rethrowing, and it is the correct thing (for instance, java doesn't
lose the stacktrace when rethrowing, and C++ with its throw; statement for rethrowing
doesn't either).

--jm