Questions about windows support

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Feb 21 09:13:32 PST 2012

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:sjkpvfivljpifhnsavpq at forum.dlang.org...
> On Tuesday, 21 February 2012 at 03:30:00 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> +1, LOL.
>
> I just thought of a better one!
>
> -v
>
> for grep.
>
> grep 'some string' *
>
> is something I do a lot; I like that command as
> generally useful.
>
> -v on grep inverts the match.
>
> Instead of showing the files with some string, it
> will show the files *without* some string!
>

> I have to use this one some day. Almost April!

Heh, hilarious stuff.

Speaking of computer pranks, back in junior high, I was so incredibly bored
in this "applied technology" class one day that I wrote a small panic DOS in
QBASIC and added it to autoexec.bat.

I thought that was worth being banned from the computers in that class for
the rest of the semester ;) Well, at least until exams when the teacher
*had* to let me back on them for, uhh, whatever it was we had to do as our
final (don't recall). Heh, he was pissed.

I was surprised when he told me their IT people "had to" format and
reinstall the system. I had thought the big QBASIC window coming up upon
boot would have been an obvious clue to just Ctrl-Break and then remove
qbasic from autoexec.bat. I was thinking, "But...don't IT people know how to
use computers?"