dmd -c behaviour doesn't take account of packages.

Bernard Helyer b.helyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:33:57 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 22 February 2012 at 22:05:51 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Then what happens when you have
>
> dmc -c foo/a.d foo_a.d

Good point.

> Regardless, I really wouldn't like the idea of screwing with
> the object file
> names to try and avoid collisions.

Well, the thing is in this case everything is being passed to the
compiler. It knows the names of everything. But yeah, I think
complaining is fine _if_ dmd allows individual modules to be
named explicitly. Otherwise, all in one is good. But really, even
prefixing it would be better than what we have now. What about
'module.foo_a.o' if foo_a isn't in a package?