new std.variant (was Re: The Right Approach to Exceptions)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Feb 22 23:03:10 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 04:00:04AM +0100, Juan Manuel Cabo wrote:
[...]
> I'm sorry. I went over the top. I apollogize.

I apologize too, for some of the inflammatory things I said in the heat
of the moment in some of my replies to this thread.

> ..I won't post for a while.
> This thread is almost poping a vein in my neck..

Heh, several times I had to stop myself from hitting Send, take a deep
breath, clear my head, and go back to edit out my inflammatory remarks
before posting it.

> Passion can do that!
> I love D. Love all your good work guys!!!
[...]

Me too. D is the closest to what I've always wanted in an ideal
programming language. It's not perfect, and its implementation still has
a ways to go, but it already far surpasses all other languages that I've
looked at in terms of what I consider important in an ideal language.
I'm loving it so much I just can't convince myself to go back to C++
anymore in my personal projects, except for maintenance. (At work I just
grit my teeth and comfort myself that they're paying me for it, so I'll
tolerate C/C++. :P)

Без труда не выловишь и рыбку из пруда.