Inheritance of purity

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:01:51 PST 2012

UTC, so wrote:
> No one said you shouldn't use IDE or any other tool, but i
> don't think it is healthy to design a language with such
> assumptions. Walter himself was against this and stated why he
> doesn't like Java way of doing things, one of the reason was
> the language was relying on IDEs.

Well then I disagree with Walter on this as well. What's wrong
with having a "standard" toolset in the same way you have
standard libraries? It's unrealistic to think people (at large)
will be writing any sort of serious application outside of a
modern IDE. I'm not saying it's Walters job to write IDE
integration, only that the language design shouldn't cater to the
smaller use-case scenario.

Cleaner code is easier to read and, within an IDE with tooltips,
makes little difference when looking at the hierarchy. If you
want to be hard-core about it, no one is stopping you from
explicitly qualifying each definition.