Inheritance of purity

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Feb 24 02:43:01 PST 2012

On 2/23/2012 4:01 PM, F i L wrote:
> Well then I disagree with Walter on this as well. What's wrong with having a
> "standard" toolset in the same way you have standard libraries? It's unrealistic
> to think people (at large) will be writing any sort of serious application
> outside of a modern IDE. I'm not saying it's Walters job to write IDE
> integration, only that the language design shouldn't cater to the smaller
> use-case scenario.

Do you really want a language that the source code isn't readable or browsable
outside of an IDE?

Like the switch from command line to GUI, perhaps there are some that are ready
to switch from text files to some visually graphy thingy for source code. But D
ain't such a language. I don't know what such a language would look like. I've
never thought much about it before, though I heard there was a toy language for
kids that you "programmed" by moving boxes around on the screen.