Inheritance of purity

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 03:22:11 PST 2012

Le 17/02/2012 17:19, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
> On 2/17/12 8:13 AM, kenji hara wrote:
>> I think the lack of 'override' keyword (filed as bug 3836) should
>> become an error, without the phase of deprecating it. Otherwise
>> following case will be allowed.
>
> Yes. Walter?
>
> Andrei

I'm surprised this isn't even mentionned in
http://drdobbs.com/blogs/cpp/232601305

I definitively don't think that pushing stuff like that - I'm suspecting
for ego reasons - ignoring some flaw of the idea is a good way to
proceed. This even may be armfull for the language on the long run.

With no override keyword, function can just explode on your face for no
aparent reason in the source code you are lookign at. This isn't an
issue we should ignore.

This has a pretty simple solution : don't inherit thoses attributes of
override isn't present.  On the long run, don't allow override without
override keyword ?