Questions about windows support

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:19:44 PST 2012

On Thursday, 23 February 2012 at 19:10:03 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Nice!!! So you can write the same code for both the "shell
> library" and the actual shell itself.

Yeah. This is similar to the technique I used in my web.d
thing, though web.d's is a lot more complex. (It also handles
sub objects, argument name and default values, and some more.)

I just find it super useful.

> The echo command has a bug, it's not supposed to output 'echo'
> as part of its output. :)

Yeah, I messed up argv.

Here's an updated version:
http://arsdnet.net/dcode/dshell.d

added basic formatting to the data interface, lazy printing
(try "cat" and type in stdin) and bug fixes.

I just might put it up on the github over the weekend.

> It's extremely cool. Definitely orders of magnitude better than
> writing the equivalent thing in C.

Hell, this kind of thing is easier in D than in a lot
of dynamic languages! imo anyway. eval is sometimes nice
but  having the type information available to do a smart
wrapper is very nice.