FP in D (today)

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri Feb 24 12:20:32 PST 2012

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:45:38 -0800
Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> The main issue with FP in D today is it needs to be pervasively used
> in Phobos. A large part of Phobos should be marked as pure, but is
> not, making it difficult to use Phobos from FP code.

Heh, that's interesting...

> For example, Object.opEquals should be pure, nothrow, @safe.

This is scheduled for the next release?

> The inheriting purity thing helps significantly with that.

Good...we're enthusiastic to put FP's in D on the severe test...hoping
to use D as 'the world's most practical FP language'. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
But those who, out of envy, disregard these teachings and do not
follow them are to be considered bereft of all knowledge, befooled,