Setting a deadline for setting up shared ?

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Sat Feb 25 03:20:23 PST 2012

"deadalnix" <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ji8i55$370$1 at digitalmars.com...

> It would be awesome. As I mentioned several time, I'm readu to help but
> still struggling with dmd source code.
>
> If a guru can boostrap me, I would be happy to help.

What would you like to know about it?  Nearly everything I know about how
dmd works came from stepping through and printfing the source, and reading
the explanations Don somethings leaves in bugzilla comments.

I found rejects-valid bugs to be the easiest to get started on, because you
can just search the source code for the error text, insert breakpoints, and
use the call stack to work out how it ended up there.

Reading dmd commits can be useful too, it can tell you which parts of the
code are responsible for which problems.

If you post specific questions (on the internals mailing list) I'll try to
answer them, but it's a little difficult to just explain how it works.