Conclusions of the exception discussion

Daniel Murphy yebblies at
Sat Feb 25 05:12:50 PST 2012

Could you give a code example of what you mean?  You can still use multiple catch blocks perfectly well with this patch.
  "Kevin Cox" < at> wrote in message news:mailman.97.1330172953.24984.digitalmars-d at
  I think there should also be multiple catches so that you can deal with different exceptions different ways without trying to upcast them over and over again.

  On Feb 25, 2012 1:30 AM, "Daniel Murphy" <yebblies at> wrote:

    "Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at> wrote in message
    news:mailman.93.1330149312.24984.digitalmars-d at
    > However, regardless of which we choose, someone is going to have to take
    > the
    > time to implement it, since odds are that Walter isn't going to do it. So,
    > whether we end up with a feature along these lines is highly dependent on
    > whether anyone is willing to take the time to implement it and get it
    > accepted
    > by Walter.

    Waaaay ahead of you here.

    It's currently 'catch(auto e : E1, E2, E3)' but changing the syntax is
    trivial if everyone decides they want it.