Compile Time D Expression Parser?

d coder dlang.coder at
Sun Feb 26 00:31:24 PST 2012

> How different is what you want to do from CTFE?

I do not want to evaluate the expression in the string at compile time. I
want to parse it at compile time and later at run time, I am required to
process the parse tree and evaluate it in a different fashion (using binary
decision diagrams).

In summary, I need CTFE to parse the expression and create a parse tree
from it. I think this requires a string mixin that takes the expression
string as input and outputs code that builds the corresponding parse tree.

- Puneet