Ring 0 in D

James Miller james at aatch.net
Sun Feb 26 02:48:57 PST 2012

On 26 February 2012 23:08, Gyron <Threk at web.de> wrote:
> Hey guys, I would really like to know whether I can access ring 0 in D or
> not.
>
> Actually I'm in Love with D because it's such a great language (I'm a c++
> Programmer), but there still some things that I cant find.
>
> D's is not really the perfect name for a Programming Language, it's hard to
> find D related things on google, because it's such a short name :p
>
> So, can I access Ring0 in D or not?
>
> Mfg,
> Gyron

Ok, so 1 minute of searching led me to believe that ring 0 is
kernel-level privilege in software. As such, yes, you can access ring
0 in D, D compiles to native machine code, and can do anything C/C++
can do.

I don't know if thats what you mean, but I do know that somebody
started to write a microkernel in D (the project is now dead) so
there's that.

--
James Miller