The Right Approach to Exceptions

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Sun Feb 26 04:57:43 PST 2012

On 02/26/2012 01:12 PM, deadalnix wrote:
> Le 25/02/2012 14:10, Timon Gehr a écrit :
>> On 02/21/2012 07:57 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>>> opDispatch is nice, but rather incomplete. It doesn't handle template
>>> methods for example.
>>
>> It surely does.
>>
>> struct S{
>> template opDispatch(string op){
>> auto opDispatch(T...)(T args){
>> writeln(op, args);
>> }
>> }
>> }
>> void main() {
>> S s;
>> s.foo(1,2.0,"bar");
>> }
>
> Explicit template argument, I should have precised.

Please validate your non-trivial claims before you make them. Otherwise,
time gets wasted discussing non-existent problems. A good way to ensure
what you claim is true is to always provide a minimal code example that
demonstrates the claim, after having verified that the code indeed
exposes the problematic behavior when compiled with the latest version
of the reference compiler.