Compile Time D Expression Parser?

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Sun Feb 26 05:07:42 PST 2012

On 02/26/2012 01:55 PM, d coder wrote:

>     I know. CTFE is flexible enough and implementing this would be quite
>     simple. However, if ctpg serves your needs well, just use that.
>

> Thanks Timon
>
>    You mean I do not need to use function style when using CTFE?
>    I will try parsing myself as you suggested. This approach would give
> me a better handle.
>
> Regards
> - Puneet

Almost the complete language is available in CTFE, therefore classes
could be used to implement the parse tree representation. However, a
limitation that does exist is that classes that were created in CTFE
cannot yet be stored in static variables or enums. How will the
interface to your library look like?