Curl on Windows

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 26 18:15:36 PST 2012

On 2/26/2012 5:15 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> The newly accepted curl library sadly didn't get included in the 2.058 release as it wasn't added to the Windows makefile.
>
> I created a pull request to resolve this [1] but it had to be reverted because it broke the auto tester.
>
> The tester broke because of the missing curl.lib library.  I've suggested curl.lib be included with phobos but Brad says
> it can't due to licensing problems.  I couldn't find a discussion on the newsgroup about what problems there are.

Careful, that's not quite what I said:

libcurl should not be included *in* phobos as that would have licensing implications. It should probably be included in
the release tarballs as both source and compiled libraries (also probably only on windows, non-windows can suggest how
to install via the standard package managers). A reasonable alternative is keeping it completely separate and just
listing it on the download page on the website.