Curl on Windows

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Sun Feb 26 18:39:37 PST 2012

On Monday, 27 February 2012 at 02:24:49 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/26/12 7:15 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> The newly accepted curl library sadly didn't get included in
>> the 2.058
>> release as it wasn't added to the Windows makefile.
> [snip]
>
> One possibility would be to contact the author and ask if he'd
> be willing to relicense libcurl for purpose of inclusion in
> phobos. He seems nice and cooperative, so Brad Anderson, could
> you please take that up?
>
> Andrei

http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#Can_you_please_change_the_curl_l

I could try but based on that FAQ answer it doesn't sound like
they are interested in offering that to anyone.  It's already
offered under a very permissive license so I don't believe
including libcurl itself is an issue at all.  If phobos can
include zlib, I see no reason it couldn't include libcurl.  It's
OpenSSL that is more complicated.  If the OpenSSL situation can't
be worked out at the very least we can include libcurl without
SSL support.

Regards,
Brad Anderson