foreach by value iteration

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 00:44:45 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 28 February 2012 at 01:56:48 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Peter Alexander:
>
>> C# isn't the same. If you iterate over structs you cannot
>> modify the iteration variable. You have to explicitly copy.
>
> C# developers are old wise foxes, again :o) My respect for them
> grows some more every year.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I agree. They really know how to create a practical language that
isn't held back by dogmatic adherence to some underlying
principle. When coding in C#, it's amazing how everything Just
Works, and does what is expected. There are very few gotchas in
the languages, at least any that you'll encounter in day-to-day
usage.