Curl on Windows

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 28 13:36:28 PST 2012

On 2/26/2012 6:39 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> If phobos can include zlib, I see no reason it couldn't include libcurl.

Yes, we do include zlib, but I don't think that is a precedent we should follow.
Including such third party libraries is potentially a large support burden and
source of conflict as those libraries get updated. It's already been a problem
with zlib. It's beyond the scope of what D should be to take this stuff on.

Instead, we should provide download links so the user can install it themselves
as required.

As for the auto tester breaking, a better approach might be to install curl on
the test system, or simply not run those tests.