Can someone decipher this moon speak for me? (abi - calling conventions)

Bernard Helyer b.helyer at
Wed Feb 29 21:26:28 PST 2012

So as near as I can tell, it's trying to say

"On non-Windows platforms, both extern (C) and extern (D) match
the calling convention of the platforms C compiler. On Windows,
the extern (D) calling convention differs, and is documented

Is this accurate?

If so, there's is no way I am wasting my time with the D calling
convention. I'm not wrangling LLVM into producing DM OMF, so
binary compatibility isn't going to happen anyway.

If not, then I have no idea.