CURL Wrapper: Congratulations Next up: std.serialize

Tobias Pankrath tobias at pankrath.net
Sun Jan 1 03:52:59 PST 2012

Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> I think
> that on some level, the unit test framework in the language has failed if
> we have to add library solutions on top of it to get such basic
> functionality.

That's what we are saying: The unit test framework fails for us and a
library solution is perfectly possible, even one that lets everyone use
the build in functionality if he wants.

You don't find it useful, but others do. I'd say: many others do. If
something is considered useful by many it should have a place in the
standard library.