CURL Wrapper: Congratulations Next up: std.serialize

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jan 1 15:28:37 PST 2012

On Sunday, January 01, 2012 15:31:18 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> What's wrong with being able to run the unit tests from your editor,
> have the unit test framework output HTML (or similar), displayed in your
> editor and then you can click on links in the stack trace to get to the
> source code. If you don't see why that's useful that we can just end
> this discussion now.

If you want fancier unit test facilities in your own code. Fine. I just don't
think that they should be in the standard library. I think that on the whole,
D's built-in unit test framework works fine as it is (barring a few tweaks such
as making it so that all unittest blocks within a module run), and that
further additions are a needless complication to the standard unit testing
facilities and better left to 3rd party solutions where you can do whatever
you want with them.

- Jonathan M Davis