Ideas for runtime loading of shared libraries.

Martin Nowak dawg at dawgfoto.de
Tue Jan 3 09:47:34 PST 2012

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 18:27:56 +0100, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org>
wrote:

> The trick seems to be mapping in TLS (on OSX anyway) and running static
> crore at the right time. Are there other issues as well?

I was hoping to hook thread local module ctors to TLS initialization
which is already done lazily, but the semantics of 'static this()'
allow to run arbitrary code, so the right time currently is before any
code/data from that library can be accessed by this particular thread.
This necessitates to initialize all library dependencies as well.

Implementing dynamic TLS support for OSX might lead to some useful
findings.