Multiple return values

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 02:06:10 PST 2012

Andrew Wiley wrote:
> You're pointing out two completely different things here. C#
> PascalCases methods and D camelCases them. That's a completely
> seperate issue from the actual names.

I think you're reading too much into what I wrote, I wasn't
talking about the case or modules vs static methods. I'm simply
using C#'s libraries as an example of what's easier to understand
from and basic English perspective. I could have wrote: "import
system.console : writeLine" or "import system.io : writeLine" the
point is those are less cryptic (initially) than "import
std.stdio : writeln", etc...

I'm perfectly fine with how D's libraries are worded personally,
and my points here are very minor.

> As for the names, you'll find they relate more to C and C++
> libraries
> than to Java and C#, which I would argue is a good thing
> because the design ideals are closer to C and C++.

Sure, I've written some C++ programs in the past so I get the
nostalgia, but first impression make a difference and not every
potential D programmer is going to have a background in C. Nor
should they need to, and that's my only argument here.